Monday, November 12, 2012

Gawdy Gaudi

10 October 2012

We returned to Barcelona on our cruise ship today. Although we took a similar tour "Gothic and Medieval Barcelona" to one of those we took last week we gained a different perspective by having a different guide and we visited some different sites.  Although it is neither Gothic or Medieval one of the sites that was again on our agenda was Gaudi's Sagrada Familia.

Although some of Gaudi's work is a trifle gawdy it certainly is unique. The Sagrada Familia is a mish-mash of styles yet I was so impressed by the building; I could easily spend a whole day and more studying its features. Here a few snaps we captured.











To be finished

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say so I encourage you to say G'day in comments on my posts.

Sorry I have turned word verification on but I am just getting too much spam to allow comments without this feature.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...